Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Lake Mary and Catherine / Solitude in Summer

July 2014,  -- Brighton, Utah. I was able to sneak away for a quick afternoon hike by myself to seek a little nature. Took a personal wellness day to clear my head and explore. 
Lake Mary and Catherine Pass starts at the base of Brighton Ski Resort and was a beautiful hike.

For most families the hike to Lake Mary is the perfect distance.  We've actually done it a couple of times and in the past we've even been rewarded when we were able to watch a moose. But on this trip I was far more ambitious than a simple one mile hike ;) 
Starting from the base of Brighton Ski Resort the hike to Lake Mary is an easy and short hike that I've taken my family on a couple of times.  It's about a mile to get to the small but beautiful alpine lake.


From Lake Mary it's another mile up to Lake Katherine which sits under the protection of huge granite peaks.







The views from the top of the world are amazing and it's just the kind of twisted travel that I love.