Friday, September 24, 2010

Haunted Green River, Wyoming

September 24th, 2010 -- Green River, Wyoming is haunted. No, I'm not kidding haunted.

A couple of years ago while I was on the college recruitment trail I had a little time on my hands before I was needed at the high school so I roamed the town and stumbled across a small museum.  It was there that I learned how the library in the town was actually built upon on old railroad graveyard.
Okay really, who builds the community library on a cemetery? Hundred of bodies, mostly of forgotten rail workers, were exhumed and moved across town to the new cemetery but rumor is they didn't find all the unmarked graves...

On our way to Mt. Rushmore I had to stop and show my dad and brother the "Ghost Log" which details all the strange things that have happened in the library. So the next time you stop in Green River tread lightly, who knows what you're above!